Is it a good suggestion to go to Caribbean Medical Faculties?

Absolutely! Attending medical school is a dream for many students around the world. However, getting started on a medical degree is a tedious task as the number of applicants exceeds the number of available places. According to the US News & World Report, the average admission rate to medical schools in 2019 was just 6.7 percent.

According to data released by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), of 53,371 medical school applicants, only 21,869 allopathic medical school students accepted applications in 2019. This simply means that only 40 percent of applicants in the US are accepted into medical schools each year, and the remaining 60 percent of students are rejected. However, the low acceptance rates in medical schools in the United States or Canada does not mean that the other applicants are not worthy of becoming a doctor.

Along with fewer seats available, grades and MCAT scores play a vital role in making it one of the top medical schools. If your results prevent you from attending medical school in the United States or Canada, consider top-tier accredited Caribbean medical schools for a medical education.

Why Should I Consider Medical School In The Caribbean?

Despite the coronavirus pandemic outbreak, over two dozen medical schools saw applicants jump 25 percent last year in 2020, the AAMC reported. With an increasing number of applicants, starting a medical degree is more difficult than ever. Now you need to focus more on building a competitive medical school application in order to become a stronger candidate and gain a competitive advantage.

Getting a place in medical school is a challenge and the hours can be long, but studying is definitely worth it. Hence, medical college applicants can consider Caribbean medical schools as the acceptance rates are relatively higher in the Caribbean island. Interestingly, the island is home to around 60 medical faculties, which are equipped with medical facilities according to modern medical standards. High-ranking medical schools in the Caribbean, in particular, offer prospective doctors practical learning opportunities. Also, the leading medical schools in the Caribbean have a small class size with a 7: 1 ratio, which enhances student-faculty relationship.

It’s no secret that medicine is one of the most expensive universities in the world. It is quite difficult for many aspirants to afford medical training. Surprisingly, Caribbean medical schools are good for the cost. These medical universities also offer student loans (the federal and provincial Canada loans) and scholarship opportunities for enrolled students.

That’s not all. Students who obtained a medical degree from outside the United States must take the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1 to apply for a license to practice medicine there. Therefore, Caribbean medical schools provide matriculations with a solid medical foundation to successfully pass this three-step exam.

Now that you’ve learned the benefits of medical education in the Caribbean, apply for the MD program at the island’s top medical schools.